A visit to Moorten Botanical Garden

We were in Palm Springs running away from the snow and cold weather and decided to re-visit 

 Moorten Botanical Gardens.

I had not been in 4 years and my plant knowledge and camera gear has grown quite a bit since then making this visit so enjoyable!
Spikes!
62 degrees here and perfect weather to visit a garden!

I wonder how old this Saguaro was.

The skeleton of a Saguaro cactus

My Bear, Mike

The garden is small but a must see if you enjoy desert plants.
Opuntia and Yucca against a blue sky
I could really spend hours taking photos in this garden and considering how many people were here it was still quite easy to get good shots...

Opuntia robusta
Agave truncata 'Blue Rose'

Every corner has more spikes!  Desert gardens may be becoming my favorite!

 Now finding just the right plants to also thrive in my garden back home.





Agave desmettiana variegata

The silver foliage of Leucophyllum frutescens

Leucophyllum frutescens


Leucophyllum frutescens leaf detail

 You will also find a cactus house with some harder to find cactus and succulents 













...and back outside.



Agave americana variegata





I was in shock when I saw this Dasylirion wheeleri.  I may have planted mine a bit too close to it's buddies in my garden.


Dasylirion wheeleri 'Desert Spoon'

Dasylirion wheeleri 'Desert Spoon' leaf detail

Imagine..

 the smell when this Stapelia gigantea is in bloom.

Stapelea gigantea



Comments

  1. Thanks for the dry and warm garden view today! I have a new appreciation for that Agave americana, after having seen them in Texas. (There’s just something about seeing a plant in its native habitat.). They look nice here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to provide some warm garden views.
      I have a Agave americana mediopicta 'alba' I hope to baby along. They grow quick!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tour, I’ve never been but hope to visit someday. Great photos too, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts